Fund Raising Officer (F2F), NOA, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, #73942
An exciting opportunity to join UNICEF Malaysia as a national officer (an equivalent of a senior executive to assistant manager level). In this role, you get to experience first-hand one of the UNICEF biggest subscription-based fundraising channels. You will play a key role in driving income and engaging UNICEF supporters through the F2F fundraising channels. You will get to support, manage and develop donor acquisition plans with agencies and our in-house team to maximize both the quantity and the average lifetime value of new regular giving donors.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
Promoting the rights of every child isn’t just a job – it’s a calling.
How can you make a difference?
Monthly giving provides a steady and cost-effective source of income to the UNICEF programs global and in Malaysia. One of the most effective channels to acquire monthly individual donors is through UNICEF F2F professional fundraisers from in-house team and external agencies. Face-to-face (F2F) has outlined an ambitious and exciting plan and target as part of the 2022-2025 Malaysia Country Office (MCO) Private Sector Fundraising and Partnership (PFP) strategy.
The position of Fundraising Officer (F2F) at the NOA level in the section of Private Sector Fundraising & Partnerships, Malaysia Country Office, reports to the F2F Fundraising Officer, who is at the NOB level.
The Fundraising Officer NOA will play a key role in driving income and engaging UNICEF supporters through the F2F fundraising channels. The incumbent will support the management and development of donor acquisition plans with agencies and our in-house team to maximize both the quantity and the average lifetime value of new regular giving donors.
Manage day-to-day operation of F2F Channel
Be responsible for and overlook the day-to-day operation of individual fundraising activities in F2F donor acquisition (agencies and in-house team) by working closely with other fundraising units (such as Marketing Services, Donor Love and Business Intelligence). Support, monitor and evaluate performance of F2F fundraising through:
- Conduct regular training and engagement session with the fundraisers to build UNICEF knowledge and ensure high quality of fundraising pitch and maintain consistent UNICEF brand value.
- Coordinate and manage meetings with agencies in support of their ongoing commitment to providing high volumes of quality donors to UNICEF
- Analyze, review and monitor channels performance – suggest and implement performance improvement.
- Support the management of human resource outsourcing agency that contract in-house face to face team and its support and admin staff
- Facilitate field trip as and when required to keep fundraisers motivated to optimize performance.
Event and campaign management
- Manage territory for the F2F channel to optimize acquisition ROI and maximize overall volume
- Monitor the performance of event sites with weekly acquisition report
- Plan and implement campaigns to maximize results
- Coordinate relevant technical support to facilitate donor sign up
- Analyze events and site performance to optimize 3 years ROI
Claims and invoice processing
- Verify all cash disbursement, invoices and ensure timely processing of payment for F2F channel
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- University degree in Marketing / Business Administration or another relevant technical field.
- One year practical professional work experience in direct Marketing (such as event management, consumer banking, insurance, telco, FMCG sectors). F2F experience has an added advantage.
- Good working knowledge in English and the local Malay language is required. Knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are...
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (2)
- Works Collaboratively with others (2)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (2)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (2)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (2)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (2)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (2)
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
UNICEF’s active commitment towards diversity and inclusion is critical to deliver the best results for children.
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for IP positions. Appointments may also be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: