Human Resources Officer
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Human Resources Officer.
About the Job
Function as a specialist in Human Resources department within the country. Provide support to Human Resources Manager on overall coordination of the HR operations in the country. Ensure efficient support to the program in accordance with existing DRC policies and procedures.
This role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country. The role contributes to the implementation of country Human Resources strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing country activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
General Human Resources tasks
- Advise and assist employees in Human Resources related issues and concerns;
- Review country Human Resources processes and propose improvements;
- Onboarding new HR joiners in country and field offices;
- Provide support to local partner organizations, conduct trainings and address their questions with regards to HR policies.
Labor Law Compliance
- Has good understanding of labor legislation in Turkey; keep informed of any amendment made in labor legislation by regularly checking legislation sources;
- Be responsible for the proper implementation and follow up of internal regulations and terms of employment contracts of all national staff;
- Ensure regular administrative meetings with all staff take place in order to ensure they are aware of any change in Labor legislation and general employment framework which may affect them (i.e. legal amendments, changes in local practices, new HR policies or procedures, amendments to Internal Regulations, etc.).
Work Permit & Legal Processes
- In close collaboration with HR Officer responsible for recruitment, make sure work permit related documents are submitted on time and follow up with the external consultant;
- Keep tracker of work permits in the mission, make sure extension request is processed on time;
- Work closely with the consultants to make sure all legal processes are in compliance with Turkish Labor Law;
- Inform HR Manager in case a legal risk is detected within her/his area of responsibilities and suggests actions to take in order to prevent it;
- Keep track of legal cases in the mission and coordinate with Admin in case of any correspondence required.
Contract & Payroll Management
- Prepare employee contracts, make modifications and ammendments due to salary, location, position changes, extension or etc.
- Manage employee exit process with the external accountant and ensure notifications are made related to social security processes on time
- In close coordination with the finance department and external accountant, ensure payroll is done accurately and in fulfillment with national legislation regarding employees’ taxes and social security
- Ensure that all relevant updates are effected on a monthly basis.
- Keep the staff cost file updated and available all the time
- Follow up and track the leave records of all staff making sure the communication is done in timely basis;
- Keep HR manager informed regarding any concerns with the practice of local and global tools;
- Prepare regular leave entitlement reports;
- Raise if have any concerns on leave accruals may result on work-life balance or/and risks on legal limits of the overtime compensations;
- Propose improvements on leave planning and follow up of the overall process
HR Filing & Data Management
- Ensure an efficient filing system (physical and electronic files) of all administrative files, granting strict confidentiality of employees’ personal files and other administrative private documents;
- Provide requested documents by employees, public institutions or any other official agency
- Ensure the record of each new employee is registered and info updated in DRC Dynamics system
- Ensure organizational charts are updated on a regular basis
- Substitute for other HR team members
- Any other task assigned by the line manager/supervisor
To be successful in this role, you must have a university degree in HR Management, Business Administration or equivalent professional qualification.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Minimum (3) years of relevant work experience in similar field.
- Proven experience of HR administrative matters including processing of work permits, payroll and social security payments.
- Advanced English proficiency
- Fluency in local language: Turkish or Arabic
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 7 Months
Employment Band: H
Designation of Duty Station: Adana
Start date: 01.06.2023
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 30.04.2022
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, DRC reserves the right of conducting tests and interviews before the closing date, and can close the advertisement earlier in case of finding a suitable candidate.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: